What is Epoxy Resin?
Known as epoxy, this amazing material belongs to synthetic resins. This chemical compound, after adding a hardener to the resin, a polymerization process takes place, turning it into a very durable polymer. With different combinations of components, you can get a variety of final compositions. The resin is not used in its pure form.
How To Wash The Epoxy Resin?
Epoxy is a fairly strong product that hardens quickly. If the resin gets on the skin, take a cotton swab abundantly moistened with acetone and wipe the surface with it. Then wash with soapy water and apply a greasy cream or oil.
As I found out for myself, you can remove the resin from the porcelain stoneware floor with a hard metal brush. It is almost impossible to remove the resin adhering to the furniture, if the drops cannot be washed off with a solvent, you can try to gently pry them off with a sharp knife.
What Does the Price of Epoxy Floor Installation Work Cost?
For an epoxy two-component floor, the price depends on the selected system and the material consumption. The standard self-leveling floor system assumes the presence of a primer, base, and varnish. It is not necessary to use a primer when applying the material to a damp substrate. A thin layer is sufficient to remove dust. If you need a strong coating, then quartz sand is added to the main layer to increase the thickness. This does not degrade the characteristics of the floor, but it allows significant savings.
Leave a request and we will call you back, we will select the optimal system for a specific room and budget. You can install epoxy floor two-component floor from us at an excellent price with delivery directly from the production workshop
How Many Useful Characteristics?
- Durability. A properly poured floor made of quality materials can last more than 25 years.
- Maintainability. In the event of a defect in one of the sections of the floor, it can be restored without the need for a complete replacement of the coating. This property allows you to significantly save on materials.
- Waterproofing. The polymerized coating does not allow moisture to pass through, does not contain seams. Due to seamlessness, dirt and dust do not accumulate on the surface, mold and mildew do not start.
- Hygiene. The polymeric floor meets sanitary and hygienic standards. For this reason, it is often used in food processing plants and in the pharmaceutical industry. No toxic substances are released after hardening.
The main property of an epoxy floor is chemical resistance. The coating is resistant to acids, solvents, and alkalis. By this criterion, it is superior to other polymer floors. Epoxy flooring can be purchased at a favorable price from manufacturers in Moscow. The products of its products are offered by the I Polymer company. All materials are developed in our own laboratory and have current quality certificates.
What are the Main Reasons To Buy a Component of the Epoxy self-leveling floor?
- Good vapor permeability. Polyurethane and MMA analogy do not possess these properties.
- Health safety. After polymerization, the coating does not release toxins or other substances.
- Lack of cracks and joints. The finished coating provides continuous coverage of the substrate.
- An epoxy floor is not afraid of moisture and does not let it through to the base.
- Ease of cleaning. The coating is hygienic, does not collect dust, and melds do not grow on the surface. The floor is easy to clean, copes well with disinfectant solutions.
- Chemical resistance. Epoxy coating is not afraid of exposure to a solution of alkalis, acids, and many other reagents.
- Lifetime. The floor can last more than 10 years without losing its attractiveness.
Which Self-Leveling Floor to Choose And Fill in the Garage?
Finding a floor painting company in Lahore. It is important to choose the most suitable material so that after 1-2 years you do not have to make a complete replacement. There are many factors that can destroy a floor covering. At the same time, there are many options for arranging the floor – concrete, earthen, polymer self-leveling floors for a garage, etc.
A quality garage flooring must meet the following requirements:
- have strength – both the weight of the car itself and heavy objects that can accidentally fall from a height affect the floor;
- resistance to moisture – moisture is brought into the room on the wheels and body of the car, if the floor material does not have the proper resistance, then mild may form, and the decay process may begin;
- resistance to the effects of fuels and lubricants – maintenance of the machine involves the use of antifreeze, cleaners, fuel, and other substances that can damage the floor covering, resistant materials that can be cleaned are suitable for the garage;
- fire resistance – there is a large number of flammable liquids in the garage, the floor must cope with its effects;
- resistance to temperature differences – most garages do not require heating, heating is carried out only at the time of car repair, i.e., the floor covering will regularly suffer from temperature differences.
The easiest option for a garage is an earthen floor. This solution is suitable for cases where there is an extremely limited budget. The disadvantages include the lack of opportunities for insulation. In winter, it is quite cold in such a garage. If water gets in, dirt may form. If the ground is dry, then it is a source of dust. The earthen floor needs regular tamping.
The most popular option for a full floor in a garage is concrete. The material is distinguished by its strength, durability, and is designed for significant mechanical loads. A serious disadvantage of concrete is considered to be a large amount of dust, a high ability to absorb chemical pollutants. The problem can be eliminated by pouring the concrete floor in the garage with a self-leveling floor.
Which Floor Is Better to Fill?
Polymer self-leveling floors are divided into 3 types – polyurethane, epoxy, and methyl methacrylate. They differ in the number and type of components, in particular, resins. All variants are suitable for industrial applications, including garages. The most durable are methyl methacrylate self-leveling floors, but the level of wear resistance is higher for polyurethane.
Epoxy self-leveling floors have better chemical resistance and vapor resistance. They can be applied to damp substrates. It is important to note that polyurethane coatings handle vibration and shock better than epoxy coatings. For this reason, it is most advisable to use them in a garage.